Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Challenge #48 - A Gable Treat Box for 613 Avenue Create

Hi everyone, I hope you are enjoying your weekend. We are on the tail end of Sunday here in Sth. Oz and I am feeling very tired and still very sore. I just want to go and lie down, but hubby informs me we are going to our eldest son's house for tea. I tried to get out of it, but he has our 4WD and that is why we are going there. (to pick it up!) I went in with my DIL and 3 grandchildren to see Father Christmas in the Magic Cave on Friday so my back is just not getting enough rest at the moment to heal. I was supposed to go to craft at my friend Judy's house yesterday afternoon but just was not up to it and had a rest for a couple of hours in bed.
We had to go out to a choir luncheon today and I would prefer just to stay home now and leave the car at our son's place, but it is too hard for them to bring it down as they would have to bring all the kids with them and two cars. Too much hassle!!!
Anyhoo.... it is the start of a new challenge at 613 Avenue Create today and it's a fun one and appropriate to the upcoming Christmas season. We are as usual, an Anything Goes challenge blog but we do have a twist and that is we want to see some form of gift packaging. I've made a gable box - this is one of the projects I taught this term in my Wednesday group. I did start from scratch for this one as I had already decorated the other one with a cute image of 3 penguins. ( hopefully I will get a pic of them some time and share on the blog)

Here is my treat box,,,,,,,
I've taken a pic of the full box straight on, one slightly on the side and also one of the image only to share with you..





Recipe:
Red cardstock from Quill
White cardstock from stash
DP is from a magazine freebie - Papercrater Studio Selection
Image is Scattering Star Dust Elf from Rick St Dennis
Sentiment is also from a freebie stamp set with a magazine purchase
Dies - Nesties - Standard Circles - large
                       - Petite Scalloped Circles - large
                       - Stars Five
Copic Markers
D/S tape roller
Foam Dots

 I am entering the following challenges:
Come and Get It aChallenge - Christmas Challenge
Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge 71 - Anything but a card


Speaking of talented, our sponsor this week is Rick St. Dennis.  If 

you haven't been to his new shop at ZIBBET, then I think you will be 

pleasantly surprised with all of the variety and new images available.    

Let's see if the design team can inspire you using Rick's images:





Now it's time for me to go (hopefully to grab a short lie down before going to our son's) The DT have made some fabulous projects to inspire you, so please drop by and leave them a comment and why not share with us by joining the challenge this week. Looking forward to some fabulous projects.

Thanks for stopping by,
Take Care,
Hugs,
Sandy

6 comments:

  1. I love your gift box Sandy..and fabulous image and colouring ..love the beautiful bow too.
    Take care and hope the back gets plenty of rest tonight..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the treat box Sandy! The color choices and your coloring on the image are delightful - love the DP! Isn't it fun when you can use so many freebies and they all mesh so perfectly?? Well done toots!
    ~ginny
    Rubbermad [GettyCollection.com]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gift box, and I love that rascally elf! Beautiful colouring! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific gift box, and colouring of that fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so stunning sandy.fab fun image and your design is gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cute gift box! I love the way you've embellished it with the sparkly star....it pairs perfectly with that fun image.
    Thanks so much for sharing this week at CAGI. We hope to see you back very soon!
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Come and Get It Design Team
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...