Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Monday, October 14, 2013

MIM#162 Eating Apples with Nicecrane Designs

Make It Monday time is once more upon us and we are looking forward to another bumper week of entries.
Congratulations go to Monique as our featured artist and to Denise as the winning commenter. Hope you enjoy your prize. This is a fun way to be inspired and if you leave a comment or two you get to be in the running for the sponsor of the week's prize. I love looking at all the different papercraft projects and seeing what my fab teamies come up with from week to week. Our fearless leader, Michelle, who quite often has lots to contend with in her own life, leads us courageously, given that real life always tends to interfere with our crafting life too, LOL. Thanks, Michelle!!!
Our oldest granddaughter turned 9 yesterday. I am just going to give her some money to buy something she wants as I'm not sure what she has already, LOL. She is an avid reader but I know she got books for her birthday already and she has read all the ones in the school library. She is also is a bit fussy on what she likes to wear so not going there!  I've bought her some colourful paper milkshake cups and a couple of microwave popcorn sachets to have her own individual popcorn next time they sit down to watch a movie at home. Something a bit different! When I was choosing an image recently for an upcoming DT card she was here and I asked her which one I should get, LOL. she chose one and said that I could then use it for her birthday. Will share it later after I use it on the DT blog.
My class starts back on Wednesday, now that school holidays are over and I have been busy trying to come up with some projects to teach in the lead up to Christmas, so I've been trawling the net looking for things to make. If you've found any good projects I'd love to know. So far I have a few different treat boxes but am looking for something unusual. I don't own a cutting machine other than my manual ones so cut files are not much good unless they can be cut by hand.
Our sponsor this week is the marvellous  Ignacio from Nicecrane Designs - wonderful images, I hope you pop over to the shop and check them out!
I chose Adorable Children DS#1 and really enjoyed using this image.

Here is my card......... I made an easel card to showcase this fab digital image. I wanted my card to have a vintage feel, so kept to fairly muted tones. Hope you like it. I used several diecuts layered over each other.




Recipe:
White Card from stash
DP is from Crate Paper - On Trend
Nestie Dies - Captivating Squares, Marvelous Squares and Romantic Rectangles
Cheery Lynn Die - Olive branch
Image is from Nicecrane Designs - Adorable Children DS#1 
Sentiment on front is from Kanban Stamps - Little Friends
Sentiment on inside is from Kanban Stamps - Cavendish Ladies ~ Day at the Races
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Copic Markers
Pearls from stash - recoloured with a Copic Marker to match my card
Crocheted flower from Little Birdie ( found in the cheap shop)
DS tape roller
Foam Dots

I am entering the following challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #31 ~ Anything Goes
Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog - Challenge #181 ~ Square Cards only
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Challenge #165 ~ Anything Goes

Our sponsor details are:
 Ignacio from Nicecrane Designs 

 I am Photoshop Instructor, and all over I am a passsionated of Graphic Design, I starting designing scrapbook products and templates for Photoshop and at the end I decided to change to Digi Stamp World,,,,,I am a single man,,,,,,and all over I am surprised to know there are only a few men working on this business it is sound curious to me,,,,,,,,,,,,,I love it. 
 Ignacio is generously providing a $20 gift voucher to our winner! 


And now...................time for POTW ~ when I can share a couple of favourites from last week's multitude of entries
I've chosen this one because I am a sucker for birds and I like the colours too.It's been created by Joan at Welcome to Late Night Stamping and you can find it here


This second one is another Autumn toned card continuing with the Thanksgiving theme. It's made by Asha from Sunny Summer Crafts and you can find it here on her blog. Love the rich colours of the pumpkin and basket and the lovely layout.




My teamies and I would love it if you popped in and checked out our work and left us a comment too. Can't wait to see what you all come up with this week! Don't forget to be in the running for the prize you need to do a bit of hopping and commenting on other entries. Not only is it good for our own inspiration but people like to know that their work is appreciated too! and sometimes you get to make friends along the way! Bonuses all around in my opinion, LOL.
Thanks for stopping,
Hugs,
Sandy







18 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy .Sure hope that you are feeling in the pink now ..
    Fabulous vintage image on your creation .Love the die cuts and that lovely flower along with your awesome colouring .
    Both your Ps OTW are amazing .I love the Autumn theme and colours .
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!
    Hope you're feeling better & your son is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cute image Sandy, love your easel design and colours and love your P'sOTW...the birds are gorgeous and the colour are fabulous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous,love the fabulous image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, gorgeous leaves, thanks for joining us at Rocyns Fetish this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Sandy..hope you feel better soon and your son is one the mend also...

    ANne

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that beautiful image, especially with the kitty cat! Great lacey layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, I love it when the image tells a story. Love the one you've selected this week. I love your autumn POTWs.
    I linked over from MIM where I am participating with my
    Happy Birthday Hug Card
    I would love it if you'd stop by.
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandy
    what a gorgeous card ,love the image and the pretty edge around it.
    It is difficult coming up with new ideas every week for classes.i run several and have been making xmas decorations...altering Styrofoam/polystyrene cones and making ribbon trees and wreaths...using ribbons and pins ...you don't need a cutting machine for them and there are a ton of vids on you tube how to do them ,there are a couple of them on my blog this last week and I will be blogging the wreath tomorrow...I really enjoyed doing something different too.
    happy crafting
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so gorgeous sandy. really stunning design and colours and i love the sweet image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the different layering up on this card and the muted shades really work. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card- love the Vintage scene- and your layout shows it off beautifully! Very pretty cards by POTW- I am also a sucker for bird images!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute easel card, thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Chellange.
    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW What a great.......beautiful project.......love all the colors......We really appreciate you taking the time to enter our weekly challenge over on Robyn's Fetish Challenge # 181 SQUARE CARDS ONLY ...........wish you good luck in the draw and really hope you join us again!!!!!

    SOMA
    (Robyn's Fetish DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card with the pretty layered panels and the sweet image Sandy! Your P'sOTW are both fab, bring on fall. :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a pretty card Sandy! Your POTW's are fab, Hugs Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've been making some beautiful cards while I was away on holiday. I'm trying to do a bit of catching up, and this card really caught my eye. The image is gorgeous and I like your design with die cuts and a color scheme that is perfect for enhancing the vintage feel of this card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooo cute card,,,, so adorable,,,,,love your coloring,,,,and your funny stitcheed flower,,,,sorry for the delay in comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...