Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Monday, October 7, 2013

MIM#161 Cookies for Santa with Kenny K

Hi everyone,this posted as scheduled post, but I ended up home a couple of days early because our son was bitten by his dog on Saturday night so I am now rewriting it today. My daughter and I took him to hospital which is about a half hour drive (she did it in 15 mins with me warning her every now and then to be careful as there was patchy fog and we were on a country road at midnight) We were an 1 3/4 hours from town so we took him to the nearest country hospital. They were having a very busy night but at least there was a doctor there. All he did was soak it in Betadine and wrap it up and order an ambulance because he told us that it would have to be cleaned and sorted out under a general anaesthetic. They didn't even have any tetanus injections. Daylight saving started at 2 a.m. so we lost an hour in the middle of the night. The ambulance arrived at 5 a.m. in the morning and said that someone could ride in the ambulance with him. I told my daughter to drive back to the house where all the family still were. She's also pregnant and had already travelled from town arriving about 9.30 p.m. So it was a long day for her. Ryan doesn't cope well with gory injuries, so I knew he would be panicky and he also tends to faint so I left for Adelaide in the ambulance and only had my handbag, house keys and my phone which was no good because the battery was nearly flat and I didn't have the charger. We arrived back in town just over an hour later and were put in a cubicle waiting to be seen. The nurse practitioner got Ryan started on a fluid drip, something for nausea, a tetanus injection and a antibiotic drip as well. He was supposed to see the plastic surgeon but she didn't turn up so he was admitted and sent to a ward. She was eventually tracked down and came and saw him. My husband and Ryan's wife (our DIL) drove back to town with their two dogs, took them home and dropped off their things and mine and then came into the hospital. I had been awake  about 27 hours by then. We stayed for about another hour and then left our DIL there and drove their ute back here to drop me off and then hubby drove it to their place and picked up his motorbike from there. I stayed home and he went back to Peake on the motorbike. My car was still up there, luckily hubby saw my diabetes medication on the table and brought it home for me as I only had one tablet on me. He also got something for me to eat, which was good. My SIL drove my car home for me yesterday and our daughter drove theirs and bought my phone charger home too! Ryan had his hand operated on late evening yesterday and had to have a skin graft and is now back home. They still have the dog that bit him but are being vary wary of him at the moment. They have been trying to contact the original owner but they are on holiday in China.He is a very large male Golden Retriever, the breed is not normally agressive, so we don't know why he attacked him. The dog had been sitting in the ute and came over to Ryan for a pat which he gave him one of the head and one under the chin and then he just went for him.We were all in shock when he came back yelling he'd been bitten and needed to go to hospital. We had been outside with a bonfire and had enjoyed a barbeque tea with all the family, also hubby's brother, wife and daughter and a friend. So it was dark and we hadn't heard the dog attack him so we were all saying "bitten by what". Most of us thought he must have been bitten by some sort of spider. To make matters worse I've been unwell for several days now with a throat infection again and am now completely worn out! Well that's my drama for the long weekend which was supposed to be a nice family get together, I will get on with my post and put in the details I missed in the original post.
Today is the start of a new linky part at Make It Monday    I managed to get all my commenting done bar one entry before the end of last week's linky party because I was home several days early.
Congrats go to Mandy as the featured artist and also to Wendy as the winning commenter. Enjoy your prize!
Our sponsor this week is Kenny K and I've used an image called Santa Cookies.  I made it into an easel card using a rectangular card.
Here it is........
easel card open

inside of easel card - photo taken from the top - I added a diecut to write a Christmas message on later


photo of card closed....

Recipe:
SU
DP from Graphic 45 ~ Christmas Emporium Collection - 'Tis the Season
DP on inside is Reminisce ~ Under the Tree 
Image is Santa Cookies  from Kenny K
Sentiment is from SU Open Sleigh
Nestie Die - Labels  twenty-eight
Tree Die from Marianne Creatables
Copic Markers
Bling from stash
Silver Star from sticker sheet stash
Memento black inkpad
DS Tape roller
Foam Dots

We are SUPER excited to welcome a brand new sponsor this week
Digi and rubber stamps from KennyK are a fun and edgy way to add the perfect dose of attitude and style to all of your creations! 
The creator, the artist, the man: KennyK is a NYC-born professional illustrator who has brought his funky-but-slick, urban-influenced look to the cardmaking and papercrafts world.  His signature style can be seen throughout his various collections of sexy pinup babes, sweet 'n sassy girls, cool rockin' dudes, kid’s stuff, retro characters and more at KennyKDownloads.com.

Kenny K are offering our lucky winner 

5 digis of their choice!



It's POTW Time so here is what I chose......
This first one is from Tracey from CandiCraft Cards. Isn't it lovely with that sweet little girl and those gorgeous flowers. You can find it here
 

The second is from Meg at Bits and Pieces. A CAS style Christmas card depicting Mary and Joseph and I think that's baby Jesus' head peaking from under her shawl. You can find it here

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to pop into the other DT members blogs and leave them a comment and see who their POTW is. (I'll be back Monday to add mine, so make sure you pop back in to check.)
Take Care,
Hugs,
Sandy





15 comments:

  1. Love your easel card Sandy . it has a very festive look and love that tree .will call back later though
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas card Sandy..such a lovely image and gorgeous papers

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi gain Sandy .How aweful , poor Ryan hope his recovery is swift .
    Love both PsOTW beautiful cards from Tracey and Meg .
    Hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really sorry to hear about your son and wish a speedy recovery...

    As for your card...its absolutely gorgeous and great image too!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandy Thank you for selecting my card as one of your POTW. This is the first time I have coloured in the background and I was worried about it.
    Hope your son is recoveringfrom that bite
    I've just found pick it Monday and love the challenge.
    Great easel card KK images are really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yikes not good about the dog bite, very scary for you all and a terribly long and stressful couple of days for you! Take Care!

    Love your easel christmas card, fun image! Love her chubby cheeks and bright eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sandy I love it, Great POTW's, Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Sandy for choosing my card as one of your POTW - I'm very flattered indeed :)
    I hope your poor son makes a full recovery - how awful for you all. Love your cute card this week and the image is fab :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your son. We went to the hospital earlier this year for my son for a dog bite. Thank goodness the dog had all his shots, and his was not an act of aggression. I am sending my well wishes your way!

    Your easel card is fabulous, what a sweet little girl, love her eyes! Your POTWs are both wonderful.
    I linked over from MIM where I am participating with my
    Fall Birthday Card
    Falling Leaf Card
    I would love it if you'd stop by.
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and hope your son recovers soon hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! Sandy...what a dramatic time you have had...you will need another long weekend to get over that one, your poor thing, and your poor son ..I feel for the dog also as something must have happened to him in the past to react like that...Love yoyr gorgeous easel card..such a cute little image and pretty embellies on the tree...love your P,sOTW...so pretty and girly and the perfect CAS..take care.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh sandy ,sorry you had such a stressful time..I hope you have all recovered .
    your card is fab ,love the sweet image and your cute sparkly tree.
    what great potw's too ,love the blue /purple one
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  13. great card, bright colouring and cute Santa's helper ? a lot of work. xx mum xx hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This must have been such a stressful experience for you all, hope everyone is OK.
    Your card is so sweet, with the image and the traditional Christmas colors. The Label28 dies are definitely amongst my favorite ones...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about your stressful experience and hope all is well.
    Your easel card is so cute and I love how you colored this image Sandy. It gets me into the holiday spirit. :) Your P'sOTW are great choices and I love them both. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...