Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Saturday, February 16, 2013

80th Birthday card for Noel

Hi everyone, I hope you a having a relaxing weekend. We had an 80th birthday lunch to go to today. I got up a bit late and by 10:30 a.m. wondered where hubby had got to as he was already gone when I got up. He likes to go to garage sales on Saturday mornings. I rang him and found out he was actually working. We were supposed to be at the lunch by noon and we had to travel about 40 mins or so to get there. Well, he didn't get home till nearly 1 p.m so we were really late leaving. By the time we got there people were about half way through their meals and the only seats left were with some of the older people who I did not know and hubby likes to wander around talking to friends, so ended up sitting  there with strangers for half of the time!!!
We left there and were headed for a picnic by 4p.m. organised by the church. We found the place and nobody was there. A couple of minutes later a Polish couple turned up and we decided to go and find a place to set up and met another couple, Chinese this time and they couldn't speak any English!!! We ended up ringing the lady that organised the picnic and found out they had cancelled due to hot weather and also the park was half closed due to major reconstruction. Trying to tell the Chinese people that didn't work but we all left anyway. I'm not sure how they got there, but by the time we walked back to our car they were nowhere in sight. Oh well, we headed back home, hubby had a sleep as he'd been up early and I watched a bit of tv and then ended up having a lie down after he got up because I ended up with a headache. An interesting day!!!!
I forgot to make Noel's card earlier so it was very last minute and I ended up using a card that I made with Shirley last year I think. It was a card made from a kit and fairly basic so I added an image, the number 80 and a couple of diecut pieces for the inside. I also sponged around the circle I punched and around the edge of the card with SU close to cocoa ink - I wrote on the card so didn't bother to scan it.
So.... here is the finished card.

The image is from Make It Crafty and I coloured it with Copic Markers and fussy cut it out.

Well better head off to bed, Thanks for stopping by.
Take Care,
Sandy

5 comments:

  1. Busy day you had!
    Card was probably well received!
    The image made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card,lovely colours and image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Sandy I am sure Noel loved it..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting day indeed! A nap sounds like the perfect way to relax after all of that. Your card turned out terrific Sandy. I love that image! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...