Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fly Away

Today after church we had a luncheon, it was a surprise birthday party for the minister who just turned 50. It was finger food and chocolate birthday cake. With all that has been happening around here I forgot to make something but they announced that there was plenty of food to share so anybody that wanted to stay could.  They were also cleaning out the library and I managed to pick up some books to read - just made a donation into the fund for buying new books.
I popped out with Fran for about 1/2 hour just to pick up some craft magazines. We were originally going to do it Monday, but she needs to start ringing around to notify people about her Mum's death and stop pensions etc.
I made a casserole for tea, I put it on late so we didn't eat until about 8 p.m. Our youngest son is getting involved in rally car driving and he and some mates are doing up a car with a roll cage etc. He and another mate are going to be driving and navigating, so they have to have special fire resistant suits, glove, sock, shoes, face mask and helmets.  They got dressed up in their gear so hubby could take some photos of them for the Celica Club that they belong to.
Well, I had better hurry up and share my card for today as I still have to write up my MIM DT post for tomorrow and go through the entries from this week to choose my POTW.
So.... here it is:

 It's a telescopic card,
This is the closed view


and this is the open view. I think I might have to run a blue pen around the edge of the middle circle to give it a bit more oomph!!! Sorry didn't line it up quite straight on the scanner.


Recipe:
SU Cajun Craze Cardstock
White card from stash
Nestie Dies, Classic Circles- large and small
                    Large scalloped circles

Images on small top circle are from Prima Marketing clear stamps ~ Rondelle
Images on middle circle are from clear stamps from Kaisercraft called Up, up and Away
The small greeting is from SU
The greeting on the bottom circle is from SU - Happiest Birthday Wishes
SU Close to Cocoa inkpad
SU Brocade Blue inkpad
Ribbon from stash
Brads from stash

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Sentimental Sundays - Challenge  #115 ~ Clean and Simple
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - #17 ~ SHAPE it Up
CCEE Stampers - CCEE1232 - Shaped cards
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge - Challenge #102 ~ Up, Up and Away

Hope you had a fab weekend,
Thanks for stopping by and also for wonderful comments left for me to read,
Take Care,
Sandy

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,love the shape and fab images.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    Aren't these a fun card to make! I love SU cardstock and Cajun Craze is one of my favorite colors - especially as a Fall color. Your card is lovely! Wishing you a happy day today!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Sandy, what a fabulous design, love the colours too, and great images..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting card,good work, I like the colours, peaceful day
    xx mu8m xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really amazing - love it. So great
    Many thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sunday this week
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty design! The red and white circles look great, and I love the image with hot air balloons and the matching sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very cool card! Love the colors and the hot air balloons are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining us in our Up Up and away challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...