Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Friday, August 24, 2012

A boy's best friend

Another cold and wet day. Yesterday was absolutely terrible, some poor person had there car crushed in a shopping centre carpark and another few cars next to it took a bit of damage when a large gum tree came crashing down in the wind. Luckily the people were all in the shops and not in their cars.
Our youngest son has been working as part of a service crew for a rally car for the last few days and I think over the coming weekend as well. Today there was a crash and one of the driver's was killed. His co-driver/navigator was airlifted to hospital but seems to be okay. He is one of my son's friends and is so lucky to have escaped serious injury. I feel such sadness for the other lad's family. I'm not sure how old he was or whether he was married and had his own family.
There just seems to be a lot of bad things going on at the moment.
On a lighter note, I looked after our lovely grandchildren today and also upgraded my mobile phone as my contract had run out. A touch screen phone (not an I-phone though) now I just need to work out how to use it, LOL.
I sat down tonight to make a card and found a challenge with a sketch and you had to use one of their images, so.... I worked away and when I had finished, I realised that I had used a Bugaboo image instead!!!
Oh well, I may have another go over the weekend and use the right image this time.
 This is what I made .....

Front of card

Inside of card

Recipe:
Basecard was made using a dark blue cardstock from stash
DP's are all from My Mind's Eye
SU Cherry Cobbler cardstock
White Cardstock 
Sentiment is from SU (will add name later)
Copic Markers
Image is a digi from Bugaboo

I am entering this into the following challenges:
The Paper Shelter - Challenge #78 ~ Anything Goes
Bearly-Mine Challenges - Challenge #49 ~ Anything Goes
Sassy Cheryl's Challenge - Challenge #129 ~ Happy Birthday
Tuesday Throwdown - Challenge #112 ~ Use Squares



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are looking forward to your weekend and some relaxation time.
Take Care,
Sandy

11 comments:

  1. Well, no matter that it's not the image you intended...it's brilliant and I love that they are in a wagon together. So cute!! Such an adorable set of friends. Great card Sandy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is super cute Sandy and such an adorable image which you have coloured beautifully

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card sandy, I like the sweet image the papers and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, fabulous image. Thanks for joining in on the fun at TT. Look forward to seeing you next week.
    Berni,DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card,this could be Isaac in 2 years time LOL.. xx mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandy .perfect fun image for kiddies card .Love the paper selection .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a cute card, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge this week.
    Good Luck
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear of all the sad happenings. Your card is just right for a boy - love that image and the bright colours you've used - thanks for joining in the Tuesday Throwdown 'hip to be square' challenge - Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute card. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling card Sandy! Love your design. So glad you joined us in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge. Good luck ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...