Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Card for Cliff

Hi again. Have you been watching the Olympics? I've only seen bits and pieces but I've heard our swimmers haven't been doing well. We've got a few men through the heats so hopefully they will be able to get their confidence back and do their best.
I would like to welcome new follower, Laine. Hope you will find something to interest you here.
I had choir practice tonight and didn't get home till after 10.30 p.m. I already had this card ready, so I've just been sitting watching a bit of tv to wind down a bit.
It is quite chilly here at the moment, we did have some sunshine earlier but the wind took away the heat - it was nice in the car though. My friend and I had craft with Shirley this morning and made 3 cards again. We used a free vintage image on one of the cards, a motorbike, so am going to have to go look for it and save. All the males in this family own at least one or two (or more, LOL) motorbikes and scooters. So bike images always are always handy.
Well, onto my card. This was made for a friend's hubby who celebrated a birthday today. I didn't have any stamps, so it will be a bit late. I hope he had a good birthday.
N.B. No designer papers were harmed in the making of this card, LOL.

Front of Card

Inside of Card

Recipe:
Black cardstock from stash for the basecard
SU stamp set - The Open Sea
White card, stamped with the manifest stamp, torn and inked around the edges
White computer paper inked with the round map of the world, also torn and ink distressed
A strip of torn card stamped with the compass and ink distressed.
2 Black star brads from stash
Ship image stamped onto white card, edges distressed and then inked
I also used the anchor image on the inside
SU Basic Grey inkpad
I used some SU Bashful Blue ink to make a cloudy sky.
Ticket image is from 100th Collection  by Tim Holtz
Sentiment inside ticket is from Hero Arts ~ Anytime Messages
Copic Marker - blue for the sea, I also inked a bit of the gray ink over the corners 

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Paper Playtime - Challenge #80 ~ Anything Goes
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Lots of Layers
Crafting When We Can - Challenge 23 ~ Monochrome
Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges - Challenge #150 ~ Torn  Paper Technique


Well that's it for me. For those of you participating in the MIM Linky Party, don't forget to visit all the DT blogs and leave a comment on our MIM posts. One member of the DT has candy to give away in honour of Make It Monday's 100th Linky Party.

Thanks for stopping by,
Take Care,
Sandy



15 comments:

  1. Nautical perfection here Sandy! I'm not sure I'd be able to part with it...it's that wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card Sandy, I love your Ship stamp and the decorated inside finishes your card beautifully.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sandy,love the image and fab layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great male card! Love the colors and image. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! What a great card! Love everything about it!! Thanks for sharing it with us at SSiC this week!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love that ship image. Very manly card for his birthday. I'm sure he loved it. Thanks for playing along this fortnight with Crafting When We Can. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sailing ship is beautiful, misty colours and inside is a great finish
    love mum

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card, love your design papers and the ship image, thanks for joining us on crafting when we can, hugs vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card - love the subtle grays and blues!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely fabulous the image, colours and design are super, thank you for joining our challenge at Whoopsie Daisy this week.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandy! What a great masculine card! Love that ship image and the vintage feel of the card! SO nicely done! Thanks for sharing with us at SSiC this week!
    Blessings!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful card! I love the vintage look and it's a perfect masculine card! Thank you for sharing this with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Sandy. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy and CWWC. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful, thank you for playing @ Paper Playtime!

    Maria
    Joyful Stamper
    Inspire Me Fridays, weekly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...