Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sympathy card - birds



Hi again, it's been very crisp and cool here today. Fran and I went off to Shirley's house for our weekly craft session. Made 3 lovely cards, one using diecut pictures from a pack that had vintage cars, planes, go-karts and co-ordinating bits and pieces. They turned out well.
We stopped on the way home at our usual little cafe and had an early lunch. I managed to knock over my bottle of diet coke and make a huge mess on the table and the floor. Felt terrible because the owner had to get the mop and bucket out to clean it up. Luckily because we were a bit early, her lunchtime trade hadn't arrived yet and we were the only ones in there for a few minutes which gave her time to mop without a whole shop of people walking over it.
I got the fire going when I got home as it was pretty cold inside too. It's been burning away ever since and is only embers now as everyone has gone to bed (except me of course!) I had to go out in the cold to choir practise and got home about 10.15 p.m.  I got warmed up and then hopped into making a card for this post.
Here is what I used.
Basecard is SU Perfect Plum and then a layer of SU Pink Pirouette. This pretty DP is from the Meadow Lark Collection, a 6 x 6 paper paper stack by Prima Marketing. The sentiment is from SU set, Thoughts & Prayers and was inked in SU Pink Passion. I cut it out with a Nesties Die - Labels Twenty-Four. I traced around the same die and cut it out in Perfect Plum to use as a matte. The corner decoration is made using a Marianne die and white card. I added some small light pink pearls. I also made a small flower with some pale pink scraps of DP paper and added a pearl and some green leaves too.
The inside was decorated with a piece of the Pink Pirouette and a larger diecut in white and again backed with a Perfect Plum matte. The sentiment I used on the inside is from SU set Love & Sympathy, also inked with Pink Passion.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Just Keep on Creating - Challenge #2 ~ Anything Goes

Well thanks for all the wonderful comments and congratulations on my DT position over at MIM.- don't forget to visit the blog and enter a card into the Linky Party.
Catch you tomorrow,
Take Care,
Sandy

front of card
 inside of card - again the card should look more like the front of the card in colouring.


13 comments:

  1. Not the sort of cards we enjoy making but perfect for the occasion



    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy love how you have matched the flower with the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soothing, beautiful card...hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, love the colours. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful....those birds on the stem are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great use of the wonderful bird paper, beautiful sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy .
    Beautiful sympathy card .Love the sentiments and the corner decoration, along with pretty papers .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card.
    Love the dies you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely card,great colours,beautiful bird. inside too.
    love mum

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card and thanks for taking part in this weeks Papetake Weekly Challenge. Aunty Sue GDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sympathy cards are so hard to make, but this is lovely, you have managed to get the right balance.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a really beautiful Sympathy card, the sentiment is really meaningful and I love the overall design.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...