Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Friday, May 11, 2012

Edwin Surfing

It's Friday night again, another week has flown past. A funny day weather wise, I did a load of washing mid afternoon and there wasn't enough heat left in the day to get them dry. I did a couple of our son's heavy jackets and they were still pretty wet when I bought them in and hang over the rack near the fire.
I went off to craft this morning and did some paper embroidery for a change of pace. I have a few completed pieces that I can add stamping of 3d picture to finish off. It's good sometimes to have something up my sleeve to make a card quickly.
Our youngest daughter and her boyfriend were over for tea tonight and watched a bit of tv before going home.
I then got stuck into making my card for today.
Here is what I used
The basecard is I think from SU (lost the packet), one of the blues.  I added a layer of DP from a mini stack pad by Kaisercraft called "Lush Collection". I tore a couple of strips of a pale blue card to create some water and stamped a sentiment from a clear stamp set which I've also lost the packaging so have no idea who made it. I added a stamped Volkswagon Combivan which I coloured with Copics and cut out. It's a clear stamp from a set by Kanban called "Retro Cars".  I then finished off by adding Edwin in surfing gear from Magnolia stamps. He was coloured with inks and a blender pen.
I left the inside quite plain with just a layer of pale blue card and a torn strip of the DP.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Southern Girls Challenge - #44 ~ About the Boys
Cards for Men - Challenge 10 ~ Kicking Back
Divas by Design - Challenge 34 ~ One for the Boys
The Paper Shelter - Challenge #63 ~ Anything Goes

Well I'm off to get some sleep, I did stop by some more blogs today, so that was an achievement.
Thanks for popping in and also for the wonderful comments. Much appreciated,
Sandy


front of card    
 inside of card

14 comments:

  1. Hello Sandy. Great card and definately one for the boys.
    Have a wonderful weekend, whatever you may be doing.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandy...well we've had a busy day...great card for the boys and I love that camper van...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy you did a wonderful card... I really like the Edwin Surfer, the Volky Van, the paper strips simulated the sand and the water, great job!
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Sandy,love the colours and fabulous design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely man card you got there, Sandy.....lovely image, and great colours! It was so nice to see you over at my place....don't be a stranger! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is one,super male card Hun,love that image,and those colours work so beautifully,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Sandy, love the colours. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card....Edwin looks like he is walking right off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab male card! What a great way to kick back! Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous male themed card love Edwin and the camper van, thank you for joining our challenge this week at The Paper Shelter
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the two images together .great masculine card Sandy .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous image and I love your papers. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great card, love the images...thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute and you have made a wonderful scene. Good work!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...