Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Another Skater Boy

Welcome to another new follower, Georgia. I hope you get to drop in from time to time.
Wednesday is the day I go to a community craft group at a church. I'm the teacher there, but class consists of just me and another friend. She takes her paper embroidery to do and I take stamping or paper embroidery - whatever is on the go here at home. No newcomers for a while now, but it is like that for the whole group, not just my table. If I find something a bit different, I usually share how to make it and might get a couple of other people off one of the other tables joining in.
Today, I started on a new embroidery pattern from one of the Hobbyjournal magazines. I'm hoping to finish it before Saturday so I can give it to my daughter for her engagement.
We had a beef roast for tea tonight so I invited our youngest daughter and her boyfriend over to share it with us. They made the garlic bread. Yum!!
It's been a really cold night so the fire is going in the family room and I rug up when I come in the lounge to use the computer. So will get on with this post before I freeze, LOL.
The card for today  I cased from one I made with Shirley on one of our Tuesday classes and I think she found it on the net somewhere. It is an easel card with a slight difference. There really is not much of an inside of the card as the side panels are stuck down, so to write a message, you would have to turn the card over and write on the back in a light coloured gel pen in my case as the cardstock is SU Chocolate Chip.
I've also used SU Bashful Blue for the mattes and for the Nellie Snellen diecut. The DP is from My Mind's Eye. I used the same die to make a matte for the image topper and also for the little piece to hold the easel section in place when open. I backed a piece of the DP with some card and cut it out with a small circle punch to add to the middle and then popped this on to the centre panel with a foam dot to give it some height so the top would stay in place. The sentiment is from Hampton Art - Clear Expressions set called "All Occasion" I added 3 small pale green rhinestones ( (B)ling - for the Sentimental Sundays Challenge.) to the LH side of the topper.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Sentimental Sundays - Challenge #102  ~ (B)irthday Theme using embellishments starting with (B)
The Lollipop Ladies  - Challenge #45 - Freckles plus additional challenge SPOTS
Here Come the Boys - Challenge #27 ~  Birthday Easel Card
Little Claire's - Challenge #21 ~ Male Theme
Lollipop Crafts - Challenge #80 ~ Just for Him
Make it Monday Linky Party -  #89 Anything Goes
I've taken a photo as well as scanned the card (not a great photo but at least you can see that the card is an easel card.)

Thanks again for all the lovely comments, it was fab to "see" those who stopped by
Take Care,
Sandy


front of card - lying flat

view of the inside with the top bit cropped off!

 the open card - sitting on the top of our grandchildren's toy bucket, sorry, can't crop the background, still have the high chair and the little chair out!

19 comments:

  1. Thanks fro joining in at the Here Come The Boys Birthday challenge with your great easel card... I've not seen one like this before, it's very clever Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different easel card!
    Of course you've done such a wonderful job with the coloring & DP & nesties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is different Sandy I love your design and the image.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Sandy,love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. super card! Love the front of the easel,so different

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy, What a cleaver card. I love the colour combinations you have used, a perfect card for a male teenager. I also enjoyed reading about your community craft group, it sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for joining in the Freckles with spots challenge at The Lollipop Ladies. I have enjoyed seeing your interpretation.
    :) Michelle GDT @ TLL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the image! Thanks for entering this in the Lollipop Ladies challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card. Maybe I will join him on the skate board. Great image. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the love. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment was spam and the blog attatched to this person is not anything to do with any type of craft!!! She is promoting a online business.
      I have deleted her from my followers list as well.

      Delete
  10. My message never went through,this is different,great colours
    nice boy card.good work..xx mumxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. so stunning sandy.fab bold colours and papers and i really love the image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Toooo cute you did a great job tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandy, Fab card , great image and perfect colour combo too .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandy, now that's a new style of pop up! Thanks for the look and for coming to SENTIMENTALS. See you next week? Smiles, Samara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Sandy, fantastic card. I neeed that spotty MME paper!!
    Thanks for joining The Lollipop Ladies, good luck : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this easel! THe spots and your image are fab too! Thanks for playing at Here Come The Boys Easel Blog Hop. Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really fab card Sandy, love the design. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...