Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

21st Congratulations

Hello again, glad you popped by to look at today's card.  It's been a reasonable day today and should have been able to get some of the mound of washing out, but I got sidetracked and by the time it popped back into my head, if was too late to hang it out so I washed a couple of loads anyway and it is again hanging on the rack in front of the fire in the family room. We are heading for some cold and wet weather again over the next few days so it looks like there will be washing taking up space for a little while longer.
Hope you are having warmer weather and enjoying it while you can.
I went off to craft this morning as usual and there were actually 4 of us on the table today instead of 2. It was good to catch up with the other 2, a mother and daughter. I went out tonight to a VIP night at a furniture/homeware/giftware shop. There were door prizes, wine, champagne, and appetizers too. I bought a lovely necklace for a friend and another gift for another friend who reads the blog so won't say what it was. I went with a friend, so because it started early we hadn't eaten so we stopped at a little Thai restaurant on the way home for a meal. It was yummy.
I forgot to mention that one of my cards was picked in the Top Picks at the last Come and Get It Challenge ~ May sketch challenge.
Welcome also to a couple of new followers.
Well onto my card for tonight,
My nephew is turning 21 on the 1st of June so I will be able to give this one to him.
I've used SU Early Espresso to make the cardbase, a layer of SU Pacific Point and then this lovely DP from My Mind's Eye - Good Day Sunshine - Hit the Road Paper. I used an octagonal nestie die to cut around the image (a digi from Bugaboo) which was coloured with Copic Markers. I drew around the nestie die and hand cut a matte in Pacific Point and adhered it to the front of the card. The sentiment was a generic rubber stamp I picked up years ago in a cheap shop. The "21" is from Kanban stamps - Retro cars
I also decorated the inside using 2 different sized nestie dies to cut 1 in Early Espresso and the other in white. I used a layer of Pacific Point, a small piece of the DP and then layered the diecuts over the top.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges"
Cards for Men - challenge 11 ~ male card, must have "congratulations" on the front of the card
Celebrate the Occasion - Challenge #64 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs- Anything Goes
Well that's it from me tonight, I managed to get to a lot of blogs today to leave comments, if I didn't visit yours, I'm hoping to soon.
Take Care,
Sandy

Front of card
 inside of card

10 comments:

  1. great masculine card and cool image
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous .Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHat a great card for a guy and perfect for a 21st

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good male card,background paper,also inside too. love mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pattern paper and the image that matches well! great shape too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow super little card ... love that image I used it for my nephews card ... love your car background ... thank you for visiting me recently ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun, love the image and the great DP you have chosen! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card!

    Thanks for sharing with us this week over at Crafty Sentiments Challenge blog....

    Big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great guy card!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...