Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cool Skater

Hi everyone, it is my birthday today and started off early with several text messages, a couple of phone calls and a few more texts. I then went off to a shop called Dance FX to see if I could find a wig for my flapper outfit that I am going to wear to our daughter's engagement party. Her married name is going to start with an "F" so they are having a themed costume party using the letter. I decided that a flapper outfit would be a good idea. I couldn't find a long string of pearls so am going to make my own. I'm nearly all equipped, I've got the dress, the stockings, headband, feather boa, the wig and a long cigarette holder, just need to make the necklace and look for a pair of shoes. Thought I might try a secondhand shop for the shoes. The party is a month away so have got time to look for them.
I was going to go to a friend's place for craft this afternoon but we decided to go out for lunch and then onto a craft shop as I had 4 Copic Markers that needed refilling! We stopped on the way back and had a coffee before I dropped her home and then came back here. Our kids wanted to come for a meal with us to celebrate so we had 17 of us for tea at the hotel. It included two couples as well as family. Our son that recently got married gave me a lovely framed picture from their wedding. Our youngest daughter bought me a lovely box of flowers with unusual orchids mixed in with the other flowers, a notebook with my name on it from the grandchildren, another photo frame from the eldest son and DIL, two pairs of nice socks from our eldest daughter (they are going on holiday with me!), another bunch of flowers, an old sandwich platter from hubby (I have a small collection of old crockery) and a dvd from the youngest son. A long day but it's been a good birthday. Tomorrow I am catching up with Mum for lunch. After all this partying, I am going to have to watch what I eat as I have my eye on a dress for the wedding and I'll need to fit into it, LOL.
So, here is my card,
I've used a bright orange card for the basecard and then a layer of DP from Rosie's Studio A5 designer papers called "Retro Revolution". Another piece of DP from a pack of papers called "Boys" from Merci. I matted it with a bright green card. The image was stamped in SU Early Espresso and then coloured with Copic Markers. The image is called Skateboard Billy and is made by Fern Gully Stamps. I matted it with a piece of SU Real Red card and popped it up with foam dots. The inside has a piece of DP to match the front and I used a nestie die to cut a green diecut and then traced the inside onto white card and trimmed to fit inside it.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks - Challenge #86 ~ Boys Dig It
Make My Monday week 45 ~ Male Sports or Hobbies - I chose skateboarding as my sport. Some people make good money doing it professionally.
Cards for Men ~ Challenge 8 - Spring Colours
That's it from me today, thanks so much for calling in to "see" me and for your wonderful comments.
Take Care,
Sandy

front of card


inside of card

18 comments:

  1. Hi ..a bright eye catchin card.. perfect for a young boy! Thank you for entering the Make My Monday challenge this week! Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (Belated?) birthday!
    Pretty sure by the time you get this it's tomorrow there!
    sounds like you were treated royaly!
    The themed party sounds like fun!
    Great sk8er boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh Happy Birthday Sandy.This is just gorgeous ,love the image and fab layout..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card for a boy...great image

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had an amazing Birthday. A bit late but Happy Birthday to you. Love this card. So bright and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a fabby day, and got some of your wishes!
    Adore your bright and cheerful card. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you! Although it must be over now! What a great card Sandy! I love the orange base and of course the inside is a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fabulous! LOVE the bright and vibrant colors!!! Happy belated birthday--and thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright colours and fun image Sandy .Glad to read that you had a wonderful day .

    ReplyDelete
  10. brilliant male card sandy.i love your bright colours and fab fun image :D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great boy card Sandy, love the colour combinations.
    Sounds like you had a wonderful day celebrating your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very cute card Sandy and love the bright and cheery colours.
    Thanks for joining in with the Make My Monday challenge this week and wishing you lots of luck.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool Dude,Great colours,quite artistic. Have a good night love mum

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice bright and cheery perfect for a teen and glad you had a great birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for making our Boys Dig It challenge so special with your fabulous card. Love the bright colours.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer @ 4 CCC

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is super cute, and I love the interior!! Thanks for joining our Boys Dig it challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!
    Hugs!
    Heather P (Guest DT)
    www.heather-p.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally digging the colors you used. What boy doesn't love to skate board or at least try it...LOL. Thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks, absolutely wonderful inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks for our "Boys Dig It" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...