Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Monday, March 5, 2012

Hanging on to say Happy Birthday

Hello again, another lovely day today, and got some more washing out on the line. I went out with a friend and called in to get some more strips for my blood sugar monitor. They've changed the box and now they don't have to be callibrated, which is a little strip that goes into the machine with a code that applies to each box of strips. Normally you have to put that in before it will accept the strips. Our youngest daughter rang after I got home and wanted me to go to the shops with her as well. She wanted some jewellery to go with her dress for the wedding. We visited a couple of shops without success and then a couple of little stalls in the middle of the mall and finally found a necklace and some earrings. I still am not sure what I am wearing with mine. I was going to make something, but don't want to spend the time chasing up beads to match.
I watched a bit of tv again tonight which I haven't been doing much of lately and didn't sit down to craft until late as I was trying to tidy up my craft things from our dining room table, because we are having someone stay for a few days thought we might need to sit at the table to eat, LOL.
Well better get on and share this card.
I've used SU Choc Chip for the base card and then a layer of card called Kula Cream.
The DP is from My Mind's Eye and I used 3 different ones, backing each piece with the choc chip before layering onto the card. The lizard is a digi from Doodle Pantry called "Quirky Lizard" and I coloured it with Copic Markers, shaded with blue around the edge, cut around the image leaving a small border and then backed it with the coffee coloured card and trimmed again. The sentiment is made up using two stamps from two SU retired sets. The inside of the card has a piece of the coffee coloured card and I tore two pieces of the dotty paper and edged it. I used a Nestie diecut and backed it with a piece of choc chip. The sentiment is a Penny Black stamp and it was inked with a Tim Holtz distress ink
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Make It Monday #79 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp- Simon Says....ANYTHING GOES !
Sundays with Crissy Challenge 27 - Animals
Thanks for stopping by,
Take Care,
Sandy

front of card



inside of card

12 comments:

  1. Love this quirky lizard card... his adorable..
    great colours and layout...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your funky card Sandy a super image

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!
    What a great card, and the papers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so sweet - love the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH he is so cute Sandy! Love how you've used that cute image and the colours just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My word, he is one seriously funky lizard. I love him and the papers that you have used

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a real little boys card, full of fun..colour combination
    is good,enjoy seeing inside of cards too. love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute card:-)Thank you for joining us at Sundays with Crissy
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandy great boys card ..awesome image .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a cute card, love the image. Such a fun card. Thank you for sharing on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Sandy, soooo cute :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh what a cutie! Love that image, great colouring and fab paper choice! So glad you joined our Sundays with Crissy Animal Challenge! Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...