Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Friday, September 9, 2011

Once Upon a Springtime

Hello, welcome to my blog today, also a big welcome to Cheryl, my newest follower. It has been a miserable day here today considering it is Spring! I've had the wood fire going all day as it has been cold, wet and windy. My 3 year old granddaughter is staying overnight and is tucked up in bed and I've been able to watch The Mentalist and CSI. I made this card today for a challenge and now I can't remember which one it was so LOL, I looked around for another one and found the one at Craft Your Days Away Challenge #28 which is "Make your own flowers"
I've used a maroon cardstock for the basecard and added some DSP from stash. The stamp I used is from Hampton Art - graphic 45 and is called "Once Upon a Springtime" I inked it in SU Close to Cocoa and coloured with Marvy Markers. I used a pink nestie to stamp it on. I added a circle charm with two little birds perched in the middle and I attached this with red ribbon. The flowers were made by cutting squares and then rounding off the edges roughly and then cutting into a spiral and rolling. The red ones are card and the white one is from white DSP with pastel feathers. In fact it is a scrap from yesterdays card. I used a die to cut the leaves from green card. Hope this fits the criteria for the swap.
I actually took a photo of this one and uploaded to the computer, but it has taken me ages to try and get it where I wanted it and LOL I don't know how I did it so next time will have to fiddle around again.
Enjoy the rest of your day/evening,
Take care,
Sandy

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy . this is amazing .beautiful creation love the frame for the sentiment .
    Shirley-anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sandy, there ya go again, talkin' in the future....ha! It's 3.30 in the afternoon here,and the sun is out and warm.....just settling down to make today's card, and there's you, settling in for the night....weird or what?!
    Beautiful creation there.....love the sentiment, and the colours make it glow....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy. What a gorgeous card this is. Love the design and the sweet sentiment. Finished off perfectly with the flowers and gorgeous ribbon. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, so elegant, Sandy! I think this is my most fave of your makes yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,
    Beautiful and elegant, love your flowers and the red ribbon with the charm. TFS
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great,pretty colours,real spring.xx mum

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi hun thanks for the welcome gosh hun this is one really gorgeous card the colors are so pretty,and just love that ribbon and that charm ,just beautiful work hun,hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, lovely colouring and pretty roses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and gorgeous flowers.

    Thanks for joining us over at Craft Your Days Away this fortnight.
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your charm is well, charming. Beautiful card.

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card - a great sentiment and flowers.

    Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Craft Your Days Away.

    Hugs Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...