Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Watering Can

Hello, welcome to my blog today. I've been out crafting today with a couple of friends and played around again with the image I used on yesterday's post for the Less is More Challenge and also made another card to enter, using a stamp with a watering can, flowers and a butterfly, I've stamped on blue card again and used 3 different shades of blue in the stamping and a touch of green for the leaves, I also stamped the butterfly out on white and mounted over the original to make it stand out a bit more, I adhered blue gems down the body as well, Hope this one is acceptable for the Challenge, I'm not entering the other bird one, but I'm adding it to this post so you can see the difference. I stamped directly onto the white and tried not to get any of the background words of the image as I just wanted the frame, flowers and bird. The image is inked with (Marvy Markers), Ice Blue, then I sponged around it using Blue Grey and the sentiment is inked with Oriental Blue. I put a darker coloured paper behind it for scanning purposes only. The sponging has not shown well in the scan, sorry about that.
It's been quite cold here today, rain again! so the wood fire is on again in the family room and that's where I'm heading after finishing this post as it's freezing in this room, LOL, I should have put my coat on!
Okay, I was desperate took a break and fetched my coat to wear, I'm feeling much better!
Hope you are keeping warm or cool depending where you are,
Take care,
Sandy

17 comments:

  1. Hello Sandy .The second card is quite different to previous posting of same image but just as good. I think I like this one better though . The watering can card is beautiful and i love the bling on the butterfly .
    hugs Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are lovely! I really like the watering can card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely way to do the blues!!!! And you have been good making 2 cards! Love them both!
    Hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the watering can card and the way the butterfly stands out. I think the bird card v2 looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are lovely, but I love the bird on the white cardstock. Looked at the previous post and definitely like the white one better!
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy, These are both beautiful - I love how you have used a light blue as the base to stamp on for the watering can. This created a really nice effect. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy both are adorable but yes I like the watering can more.
    All the best for the challenge
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are fabulous, Sandy!!! Beautiful effects!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doesn't it look different?....wow....do like it with the white though....the watering can is really pretty....just right for a summery card.You are very talented, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty Sandy
    Super image
    Thank you
    Diva LIM
    "Less is more"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these elegant blue cards, great stamps! So nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great and I was really interested to see the contrast between your two bird ones. I think I like them both as much as each other - they are just really different. What a versatile stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of my favorites that you've done. Very, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandy,
    Both of your cards a lovely BUT my favorite is the bird on the white card stock.
    Great job.
    Carolyn W.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Sandy
    I forgot to mention...it seems funny to hear you are trying to get warm and running for a coat while here on the other side of the world I am sweating buckets and trying to take cloths off.
    Thought you might get a chuckle out of this.

    Carolyn W.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...