Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wistful Love

Hello everyone, welcome to any who are visiting for the first time, Hope you find something to interest you!
I actually made a card from beginning to end at craft today because I was the only one on my table. It is very unusual for me to actually do this because I am usually helping someone else or haven't brought the right things with me. LOL, I like to have all my stuff so I can fossick in my stash and find just the right thing.
So here is my card for today's post - The card base is vanilla with the edges being distressed with ink. I used two different papers one to cover most of the card and the other to matte the image and sentiment. The image is from Kaszazz and is called Elegant Lady and the sentiment is from SU, I wanted to leave the image fairly plain but highlighted it by colouring the flowers with Marvy Markers which I applied with a blender pen. I also distressed the edges of the image fairly heavily to give it more of an aged look.
I'm going to enter this one into The Make It Monday Linky Party.
Off to watch a bit of tv and to play around with a few stamped images, I've got the fire going again as it's another cold night
So take care,
Sandy

10 comments:

  1. HiSandy what a georgous card love it the stamp is beautiful and so are the colours hope you are alright take care
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandy .love this card .Beautiful image and colours chosen .
    Nice touch , the vine at bottom .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so elegant, Sandy! I love how you've used that colour!

    Thx for linking up to the Make It Monday party too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, this Kaszazz image is really pretty, nice colouring and background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,
    What abeautiful card, the image is super as are the colors.Good luck, keep well.
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly Elegant card. I love it.

    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, very elegant.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  8. its so pretty, I love that images, and the vintage look of the card, really classic and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there....just popped over from Make it Monday's blog....saw your card in the links and had to come take a closer look, lol! This is the kind of card that I aspire to....mine never turn out anywhere as beautiful as this....just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandy

    Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Such a fantastic image and I love the colour combo you have used. The distressing looks perfect ( I always find it so hard to do).

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...